My heart is a crying
It’s screaming I need time with my Saviour,
Yet this world keeps distracting me,
and I soon lose track of reality.
I think that keeping tidy, and looking pretty is legit,
That stirring arousal, curiosity, is the way to fit in, the target to hit!
Yet I know deep down that that’s the furtherest from right,
and so I run, so that I don’t let anyone inside.
I run from those people close, I run from them far,
I run from people I’ve hurt, I’ve run from those I’ve scarred…
Yet the further I run, the more confused I feel, the more confused I get.
Who am I running from, am I running just to hide, just to forget?
I keep running until I’m alone, forgotten and lost,
and it is here, that I’m really confused, hurt and a’tossed…
For the thoughts start attacking ‘You’re worthless’, ‘unwanted’, ‘pathetic’,
'There's nothing for you, here, anywhere, on this unobtainable planet',
So you start losing hope, faith and courage and turn to despair,
Why am I here? No one really thinks about me, or cares…
You draw by yourself, in a place of the darkest of dark,
and look at yourself, wanting to erase your life’s mark.
Without friends, family, belonging, there is no life you believe,
and a God? You are soon misconceived…
For every encouraging thought, you’ve had about God seems a lie,
His love? What love? It’s just a church’s bribe.
'Give us money', your time', that's what your thoughts say.
Somewhere along the journey, you lost the honest thoughts’ way.
However, from your static reality, this is all that you can see,
Every other thought, seems false in this reality.
Lost and alone, you turn to things that make you feel alive,
But lasting only for a time, you know you need more to survive.
Further and further in you sink,
Except it appears you’re level, still on the brink.
The brink of discovery, the brink of life,
Yet a niggling thought weasels inside…
Are you really alive? Living a life like this?
Dependent on temporary things to exist?
Are you really alive, when you feel so alone?
When you’re by yourself and there’s no one to welcome you home?
So you hitch up your gear, pack bags and all,
and wander the streets to find your own call,
You look left and right, for this thing people call life,
knowing that there must be more than this temporary high!
You’re still drawn back in to a few temptations,
but it keeps you wandering, with decreasing patience.
Then a light arises. A light inside.
A light saying you’re worth it. Worth being alive.
A light that shows all those lies that you’ve believed,
are lies in reality, so drop them - no grief!
And when those lies are gone, there’s a saviour that you can see.
There’s sunshine where there once was clouds.
There’s hope where once death was allowed.
For He’s brought you from the grave and brought us lifeOpened the door and made us His wife. We’re beautiful and perfect, made in His image. There’s no better life that we could envisage. I life of hope, set free in Him. With Jesus Christ my life cannot be dim.
19/12/13 Arlan’s Market, Santa Fe Texas
The Loneliest Whale in the World.
In 2004, The New York Times wrote an article about the loneliest whale in the world. Scientists have been tracking her since 1992 and they discovered the problem:
She isn’t like any other baleen whale. Unlike all other whales, she doesn’t have friends. She doesn’t have a family. She doesn’t belong to any tribe, pack or gang. She doesn’t have a lover. She never had one. Her songs come in groups of two to six calls, lasting for five to six seconds each. But her voice is unlike any other baleen whale. It is unique—while the rest of her kind communicate between 12 and 25hz, she sings at 52hz. You see, that’s precisely the problem. No other whales can hear her. Every one of her desperate calls to communicate remains unanswered. Each cry ignored. And, with every lonely song, she becomes sadder and more frustrated, her notes going deeper in despair as the years go by.
Just imagine that massive mammal, floating alone and singing—too big to connect with any of the beings it passes, feeling paradoxically small in the vast stretches of empty, open ocean.
my heart, I think it just shattered into a million tiny pieces.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Live with the 3 E’s - Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did in 2012.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- Smile and laugh more.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come.
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.